Sunday, May 6, 2018

a shining new face for 2018!

With only two foals born this season, I feel very blessed to have two outstanding FILLIES!! 
I have been remiss in posting them, and today DONA HELENA gave me just a few moments to photograph! (Sorry that I don't have my friend COOKIE to do the photos and tweak the lighting.)

DONA HELENA by DE NIRO out of JURA YF by TOTILAS out of FINALE YF by FURST HEINRICH - out of REINA H by RUBINSTEIN out of HELENA "E" (TK)  by HERBSTSTURM

DONA HELENA is named after the Great - Great Grandmother "HELENA E" (TK), who was the foundation mare of Yancey Farms 43 years ago! Yes, breeders it takes a long time to bring along a mare program. It saddens me to see that there are few breeders these days that have the dedication and/or vision to build a truly solid program. 



DONA HELENA is by the immortal, most esteemed sire DE NIRO and out of a TOTILAS daughter, JURA YF. JURA YF was registered with KWPN, and was presented as a 2 year old, where she rose to the top as Champion 2 year old in North America. She then was assessed by the German Oldenburg Verband as a 3 year old, scoring a 9.0 and rated Premium Mare status. 


I look forward to watching this young filly mature under my watchful eye. Maybe someday she will be offered to an aspiring rider, but for now, please do not begrudge me the joy of my achievement! ;-)