Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Precious new filly by Tailormade Temptation out of Cherokee Morning Breeze


                                                                       

"Hey! I just found my brakes!"
This bright filly immediately earned the name LIL DARLIN', and you can see why.These photos are at 3 days. She has wonderful substance to her legs, strong joints and very correct. I am very pleased with the pairing, albeit a bit unusual!

Her sire is the well bred KWPN stallion TEMPTATION (Tuschinski - Haarlem).
Her dam is a registered Kiger, being by my own CHEROKEE TWISTER and out of Kiger mare by the great Andalusian sire, GAUCHO III.

 The DNA of the Kiger horses clusters just below the Iberian breeds (Andalusian and Lusitano). So it was no big stretch to add Andalusian blood to increase size, substance and freedom of movement. Then, when I added my own Twister (Himself a big Kiger at 16.1 hands), I got a powerful and good sized mare, with such movement that I just had to add some suppleness and.... Voila! A solid dressage prospect.