Monday, March 1, 2010

Hmmm.... an interesting trend?


Frozen semen sales have already begun for the 2010 season, and I am seeing a new shift in thinking. As many of you know, I started my breeding career 35 years ago with outstanding quality Trakehner horses. I admire the blood, and when used WISELY, Trakehner blood can add type, legginess, forward thinking and hardiness. They are the only true warmblood that is a "breed" and subsequently they are genetically consolidated, so using Tk blood can oft times have a better chance of impacting the produce.
That said..... 3 of my long time clients that I consider significant breeders (2 Hanoverian and one German Oldenburg) have chosen the Trakehners that I offer , GRAFENSTOLZ and CONNERY, to add to their mare base this coming season. Both stallions are certainly outstanding and I am delighted that these breeders have taken notice.
I think it is shaping up to be an exciting season with breeders thinking "out of the box"!!